Monday, April 20, 2009

Christopher's Birthday Cupcakes

first photo credit goes to my dad of Rudy Calpo Photography.

Christopher had his first real birthday party this past weekend and it was a blast! Despite my planning every last detail I was finally able to relax once the party was set up and the kids were running around. Now he doesn't watch it all that often, but we did a Sesame Street themed party, basically centered around these cupcakes. Gregory's sister, Elaine, saw a picture of them and told me I had to do a Sesame Street themed party for Christopher. So starting with the cupcakes, we centered things around bright, bold colors, the letter C and the number 3, and all the Sesame Street characters.

The invitations said "Christopher's birthday party is brought to you by the letter C and the number 3." we had his cake done by Freeport Bakery with Big Bird and Elmo racing across it, these Sesame Street cupcakes, the kids played a stick-the-nose-on-Elmo game, and the favors were those little beach buckets with Sesame Street stickers on them, Sesame Street pencils, bubbles, Elmo lollypops, C & 3 cookies and those fun little crazy straws.

I know Christopher had a lot of fun and that was the most important thing :)

3 comments:

  1. Jenelle, These turned out AMAZING. Your patience and creativity definitely shows thru in your work! I wish I had been able to get up there for the party because I bet it was super fun!
    Elaine

    ReplyDelete
  2. And the cupcakes were even yummier than they were cute!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my gosh.... Jenelle, I LOVE these! You're amazing!!! :)

    ReplyDelete